This job is closed
- Job Description and Requirements
- Conduct STEM and Maker related programs and activities in an engaging and interesting approach to excite young learners.
- Be a coach and mentor to learners to explore, be curious and creative in their approach to learning, knowledge acquisition and being a Maker.
- Be updated on current learning approaches, technologies for learning and adapt them to needs of learners and formal/informal learning environments.
- Provides direction in the development of a comprehensive STEM curriculum for all K-12 schools
- Enhancement of the STEM curriculum for instructional programs and collaborates with teachers and administration in the development and maintenance of the STEM curriculum
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct STEM workshops for learners from age 8 to 24.
- Support students in innovative design, tinkering, making and prototyping.
- Implement inquiry based, hands-on and technology based STEM activities and guide student centered projects.
- Use enquiry based learning strategies to create facilitator presentations and guides, student guides, and other learning assets.
- Liaise with other stakeholders and manage logistics related to running of the space and ensure a safe learning environment.
- Apply caring and compassionate behavior towards all students helping to create a positive learning environment.
- Evaluate workshop and activities, collect data and provide reports.
- Create new and innovative programs in STEM+ that uses technology based hands-on creative methods.
- Implement and promote latest Innovation based STEM+ programs to clients in education, government and corporate.
Metrics & Organization Management:
- Performance Metrics:
- Engaging workshop content and execution
- Innovative projects by participants
- Workshop feedback from participants, teachers, community and stakeholders
- Meeting workshop schedules and needs
Reporting - STEM Business Unit Head
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements
A mature goal-oriented professional with
- Graduate in Engineering, Science and/or Mathematics
- Demonstrated experience in conducting successful learning workshops for youth
- 2 years STEM related Teaching or Facilitation experience
- Strong interpersonal and Facilitation skills
- Passion for making, building, constructing, tinkering, and problem solving
- Being able to engage young learners and motivate a maker mindset
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Effective Classroom Management skills
- Awareness of New Media and Emerging Technologies
- Ability to source, evaluate and customise content for learners of varying ages and purpose
- Knowledge of learning design approaches and application
- Ability to conduct Train-the-trainer sessions for teachers