- Job Description and Requirements
The "New Perspectives through Academic Education and Training for young Syrians and Jordanians - JOSY” project in Jordan is seeking a “Administration Officer” on a full time base employment.
A. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- BA in business administration or related fields
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience in preparation of purchase orders and service contracts and invoice follow up
- Experience in handling payments, cashbook
- Experience in administration work in similar field or development organizations
- Experience in event management
- Broad experience of administration
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Eye for details and capability of monitoring lists, and documentation of processes
- Ability to cope with dynamic situation of cooperation system in development field
- Excellent communication and cooperation skills
- Team player/ability to cooperate with others
- Dedication/commitment, reliable
- Very good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Language skills: Fluent spoken and written skills in English, Arabic, German Language is a plus
- Experience and ability to deal with unexpected challenges
B. Major Responsibilities
- Smooth functioning of financial administration, such as cash withdrawal, preparing and verifying vouchers in line with GIZ standard procedures
- Performs administrative and office support activities
- Organizing of meeting and events.
- Keeping inventory according to GIZ Rules and Regulations using the related GIZ software system
- Handling procurement of goods up to certain limit in accordance with GIZ guidelines
- Handling procurement of services (contracts) certain limit in accordance with GIZ guidelines
- Following up on the project’s contracts- and procurement requests for payments, by assuring an effective communication with the GIZ country office administration
- Support in preparing financial reconciliations and refund requests
GIZ is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities. Remuneration will be in accordance with the candidate's qualification, experience, as well as the scope of responsibility of the job announced and in line with local standards.
Please be advised that GIZ will respond back only to the candidates that are shortlisted and interviewed in person.