Job Description and Requirements
Position requires thorough knowledge of instrumentation design and engineering
techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills. Responsible to plan and conduct
independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation
of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems,
and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor
work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Eichleay
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the
• Instrument drawings, data sheets, I/O wiring diagrams, P&IDs, specifications,
calculations, charts and graphs.
• Project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for
proposals, forecasts and change orders.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge
of principles and practices of related technical areas.
• Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as
applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
• Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected
and with guidance from Department Manager and or engineering specialist on unusual
or complex problems.
• Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to Drafters, Designers, and less
• Assigns and coordinates work to Drafters, Designers, and Engineers.
• Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects.
• May serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on smaller, less
• Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and
• Assist in selection of discipline personnel assigned to projects.
• Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
• Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and design work.
Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
• Review bid analyses and make recommendations.
• Requires extensive and independent contact with Clients, vendor’s representatives and
project field personnel. Attend and participate in Client and Eichleay meetings.
• Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering
• Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work.
- (Degree Holders with 7 yrs. Working exp. in the Kingdom)
Abdullah Faleh Al Dossary and Partner Co.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Junior (experienced non-manager)